Food Navigator Middle East:
I cover the food production and supply industry across the Middle East. Here’s a selection of my FNME work:
- Regional conflicts cost Nestle $220m
- Improve haulage regulations to cut waste, says Massar
- No benefit from single Halal standard, says Brazil poultry body
- Halal economy focus at largest ever Gulfood
- Ulrick & Short eyes Middle East fat replacer market
- Egypt launches $350m domestic grain storage revamp project
- Lebanon rocked by ‘diseased’ food scandal
- Gaza conflict causes $450m damage to agri infrastructure
- Global Halal market to hit $1.6tn by 2018
- Food insecurity drives conflict, says IFPRI research
All website links are behind a paywall. PDFs available on request.
- Hotel Investment: Brands delivered through people
- Hotel Investment: Creating the best guest experience
- Sohar sets its sights on food sector
- A Guide To Doing Business for SMEs (selected sections)
- Personal devices enter the workplace
- Smartphone makers focus on region
- Airlines look to mobile technology
Intelligent CIO and Inside_Networks_ME:
Articles based on an exclusive interview with Avaya’s Jean Turgeon:
- Avaya finally shows up at the SDN table (Q&A)
- Can Avaya’s fabric-based SDN solutions convince?
Uncommon Dubai and The Sunday Times
I’m a contributor to this new, off-beat guidebook to Dubai – available here.
Published March 2014.
Following publication of Uncommon Dubai, The Sunday Times of London ran an extract of my piece about Dubai’s brunch scene. Read here (paywall), or contact me for the cutting.
I wrote a lot of content on emirates.com, including destination content, promotional emails, product descriptions, Frequently Asked Questions, and copy within the online booking engine. Below are some samples of destination content:
If you would like to see examples of other types of writing during my time at Emirates, please get in touch.
AdNation Middle East:
AdNation was a news site and online community, covering the advertising and media sector in the Middle East. Sadly, AdNation is no longer live, so the links below are to pages in the Internet Archive (along with PDF versions, if you are unable to access IA, for readers in the Middle East).
- A Systemic Failure – an account of the scam-work scandal which engulfed the 2009 Dubai Lynx advertising awards. The story of which I am most proud, to date. (PDF)
- Dubai: good news for people who love bad news – analysis of the media furore around Dubai’s debt default announcement (PDF)