I’ve been working as a journalist and professional writer for a decade, mostly in Dubai, in the UAE. I have extensive experience in B2B journalism, as well as functional and promotional copywriting
Before I became a journalist, I had jobs as a call centre drone for British Gas, a data entry drone for Abbey National, a petrol station drone for Safeway, and a “mobile produce salesman” in the USA (I sold fruit off the back of a pickup truck in suburban Baltimore).
In my spare time I read a lot, write fiction, argue about politics, and spend too much time on the internet. Sometimes I do all this while travelling.
- Freelance writer and journalist (September 2013 – present)
- Clients include Food Navigator Middle East, MEED and Uncommon Guide Books.
- Digital Communications Controller, Emirates airline (March 2010 – August 2013)
- Editor, AdNation Middle East, G2 Publishing (September 2008 – February 2010)
- Editor, Arabian Computer News, ITP Publishing (February 2007 – July 2008)
- Editor, Network Middle East, ITP Publishing (June 2006 – April 2007)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Newspaper Journalism, Cardiff University (September 2004 – June 2005)
- BScEcon in International Relations, Aberystwyth University (September 1999 – June 2002)
- Nationality: British
- Age: 34